Our latest sketch

Saturday, June 20, 2009

New podcast, new danger

Tonight, as it says in our very exciting Twitter feed, we're recording our first podcast (I've described the shows as video podcasts in the past, but I don't think they really are).

I've held off from recording a podcast for Missing Hen before now because I wanted to make sure it did something different from the shows - I didn't want it to just be a radio version of The News@Then or The Danger Signs (mind you, there are plenty of unused sketches for TDS that have no visual component to the jokes).

No, instead I wanted to look at how we shift Missing Hen from being a body of work that's just distributed via the Internet into something that could only be produced by using the Internet. A big task with lots of possibilities and this podcast is just the first babysteps towards opening up a bit - publishing more than just the final product.

In practical terms, we're going to use the podcast as a kind of side channel. It might be funny, but that's not its main function. It'll have more of a behind the scenes/newsy role.

That's the plan anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. Which I guess is very appropriate for the Internet - being the start of the question, rather than the closed complete answer...


Posted with LifeCast


No comments: